Friday, November 2, 2012

Nine Ways to Balance Sports and Family Life

Nine Ways to Balance Sports and Family Life | MomsTeam
This article appealed to me and I can relate to it in many ways. We have been so blessed to be able to watch our boys participate and love sporting activities since they were in kindergarten! Each one has gravitated to their own sport of choice, but I am so grateful for their health and ability to do so. Our oldest is now a senior and I can't be more excited and nervous for him this year.

I could speak hours about this topic...the do's and don'ts....ups and downs...pro's and con's etc. Not only do I have 3 boys actively involved, I have been a coaches wife for 17 years! One can get burnt out. So, I think this article is worth a read. My two cents would be....crap, I have typed 10 things and deleted 10 times...I can't think of one that would sum it up. I think it was #6...but my husband and I were talking about that topic. He figured, if we were to do it over again, we would encourage more involvement in sports that can be hobbies throughout life...not just school. For example, golf. Football, basketball (to an extent), and baseball (also to some extent) are more difficult to be actively involved in after high school/college. But, I guess it's never too late to try something new. The point is, it's important to expand horizons while their young. Our oldest has pretty much had to choose a single sport...it's so much time and dedication that it's difficult to commit to more than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment